Image via Pexels
As a woman creator, it’s easy to get bogged down by the daily grind. We’re constantly juggling work, family, and social obligations, and it can be tough to find time for ourselves. However, it’s essential to remember that our health should always be a priority. Today, Dr. Stacey Naito shares some tips on how to overcome the hustle and bustle and boost your overall wellness!
(Post written by Julia Merrill of Befriendyourdoc.org
One of the best ways to improve your overall wellness is to focus on healthy eating. Medical News Today points out that eating nutritious foods will give you more energy and help you keep your mental focus sharp. You don’t have to completely overhaul your diet overnight; just try to make small changes, like substituting fruits and vegetables for processed snacks. You’ll be surprised at how much difference it can make in your overall health.
Move Your Body
Exercise is also crucial for maintaining your health, and it’s essential to get at least 30 minutes of movement every day. If you’re short on time, try breaking up your exercise into shorter 10-minute increments throughout the day. Healthline notes that taking a brisk walk or going for a light jog are excellent options to help relieve stress and improve your overall fitness level.
Sometimes, the best way to improve our wellness is to simplify our lives by eliminating things that cause us stress. If your job is causing you more anxiety than enjoyment, it may be time to start looking for something new.
Fortunately, plenty of online resources can help you create a stellar resume and find the perfect career opportunity. For example, you can use a free resume template and customize it to showcase your science fiction/fantasy work in a professional light. You can also use a free or low-cost website builder to create a stellar portfolio.
If you feel like you could use an educational upgrade before you reenter the business world, you could always go back to school and earn a bachelor’s degree in business. That will definitely open doors and give you a massive advantage over the competition. Also, thanks to the flexibility of online learning platforms, you can proceed at your own pace, from the comfort of your home, without having to take too much time off.
Start a Company
Starting a business can also be a great way to improve your overall health and well-being. When you’re your own boss, you have the flexibility to design a work schedule that works for you. You can also take advantage of tax breaks and other benefits of owning your own business. Here are a few tips for launching a company out of your creative passion:
- Find a niche: When starting a business, it’s essential to find a niche market. This will help you focus your marketing efforts and connect with potential customers who are interested in what you have to offer.
- Do your research: Before starting any business, it’s important to do your research and make sure you have a solid plan in place. This includes everything from your business model to your target market.
- Select a legal structure: One of the first decisions you’ll need to make when starting a business is selecting a legal structure. This will determine things like how you file your taxes and how much liability protection you have. Many entrepreneurs form an LLC because of the liability protection and tax flexibility. Keep in mind that you can establish an LLC through an online service, but you’ll want to research which formation service is the best fit for you.
- Get insured: Insurance is another important consideration when starting a business. Make sure you have the proper coverage in place to protect yourself and your business from potential.
- Create a marketing plan: Once you have your niche and business plan in place, it’s time to start marketing your company. There are many ways to market your business, including online advertising, social media, and traditional methods like print or television ads.
Making small changes in your daily routine can have a big impact on your overall health and well-being. Remember to focus on healthy eating, exercise, and reducing stressors in your life. If you’re not happy with your current career situation, don’t be afraid to make a change. And if you’ve ever thought about starting your own business, now may be the perfect time to take the plunge!
Dr. Stacey Naito is an artist, as well as a board-certified family practice physician. Scroll down to leave a reply!